Strategically investing in girls transforms communities. Data shows that educating women and girls is the single most effective strategy to ensure the well-being and health of children and the long-term success of developing economies.
Ten powerful ways your support of Razia’s Ray of Hope changes the world for the better:1. Investing in girls’ education yields the best return in the developing world. An extra year of primary school increases girls’ eventual wages by 10%-20%; an extra year of secondary school equals a raise of 15%-25%.
2. An educated girl is less likely to marry while she is still a child. When girls in developing countries obtain 7 years of education or more, they marry 4 years later.
3. An educated woman is less likely to die in childbirth. If all mothers completed primary education, maternal deaths would be reduced by two thirds.
4. An educated girl has fewer children. Education results in smaller, healthier families: girls with 7 years of schooling or more have 2.2. fewer children.
5. Mothers’ education improves children’s nutrition. If all women had primary education, 1.7 million children would be saved from severe malnutrition. If all women had secondary education, 12 million children would avoid this fate.
6. The child of an educated women is less likely to die. If all women completed primary school, child mortality would fall by 15%. If all women completed secondary school, that rate would fall by 49%.
7. An educated woman spends more on her family. When girls and women earn income, they reinvest 90% of it in their families, compared to 30%-50% reinvested by men.
8. Educating girls doesn’t just benefit families, it helps the economy. When educated women join the workforce, productivity goes up and GDP increases.
9. Education empowers women to overcome discrimination. Girls and young women who are educated have greater awareness of their rights, and greater confidence and freedom to make decisions that affect their lives, improve their own and their children’s health and chances of survival, and boost their work prospects.
10. Educating girls is a national security issue. When girls are educated, communities are better equipped to cope with adversity, withstand crises, and make investments in the future.
Donate via the secure online form at right or by sending a check to:
Razia’s Ray of Hope Foundation
PO Box 81052
Wellesley, MA 02481
Thank you for making a difference.
Many companies have programs through which they match the charitable contributions made by their employees. If your employer offers this program, your human resources department can provide you with a matching gift form. Complete this form and mail it with your donation to the address above.
The Internal Revenue Service recognizes Razia’s Ray of Hope Foundation as a Section 501(c)(3) public charity. Gifts to Razia’s Ray of Hope Foundation are tax deductible in the USA. Our federal tax ID number is 26-2008030. No goods or services were forwarded or offered in exchange for this contribution.